Naturally Good Co Spirulina Powder 100g
Expiry date: 30 Nov 2020
Spirulina is a nutrient-dense, single-cell blue green algae that thrives in freshwater. Microscopically, spirulina appears as long, thin spiral threads, hence the name "spirulina".
Benefits of using spirulina powder:
- Most nutrient-dense food on the planet This tiny microscopic cyanobacteria is packed with nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B12, B-complex, iron, essential fatty acid GLA, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, sulfolipids, glycolipids, and polysaccharides.
- Complete protein source known as a complete plant-based protein and amino acid source, spirulina contains up to 70% protein by weight - that's 7g per 10g of spirulina powder! Spirulina has over 3 times more protein than salmon.
- Anti-inflammatory Spirulina contains the essential fatty acids linolenic acid and gamma-linolenic acid, known to fight inflammation. 10 grams of spirulina powder contain up to 225 mg of EFA, 8-14% DV.
- Rich antioxidant source Spirulina is the richest beta-carotene source, 10x more than carrots. Ten grams of spirulina powder provide up to 460% DV of Vitamin A. Vitamin A promotes healthy eyesight, boost immune system, and healthy skin. It also protects our cells from free radicals. Studies shows that beta-carotene may reduce risks of all kinds of cancers.
- Excellent plant-based Vitamin B12 and B-complex source Spirulina is a potent vegan source of Vitamin B12 and B-complex. It contains more B12 than meat. 10 grams of spirulina contains 20 mcg of Vitamin B-12, 330% DV. B12 is necessary for the formation of red blood cells, especially in the bone marrow and nervous system. Spirulina is also a great source of B-vitamins. 10 grams of spirulina powder provides 23% DV of thiamin, 23% DV of riboflavin, and 7% DV of niacin.
- Best natural iron supplement The iron is spirulina is highly absorbable, making it a great source of iron. 10 grams of spirulina provide up to 10mg of iron, 55% DV.
- Easily absorbable nutrients Spirulina's cell walls are made up of soft mucopolysaccharides, making it easily digested and assimilated by our bodies. This is especially important for people with intestinal malabsorption.
To give your smoothies a boost, start with 1 tsp of spirulina powder & build gradually up to 1 tbsp.