Brownie Banana Ice-Cream
Our friends from Doisy & Dam that you should have #chocolatesforbreakfast. Here are the main reasons why.
- The flavanols in cocoa help improve cognitive function by increasing blood flow in the brain and making us feel more alert. So if the thought of chocolate for breakfast isn't reason enough to wake you up in the morning, then eating it is!
- It also aids memory, is packed full of antioxidants and high in serotonin, the chemical that makes us feel happy. Obviously, the butter and sugar in a giant slab of chocolate cake counteract the benefits of cocoa, so we recommend sticking to a piece or three of high quality, dark chocolate.
They even made 4 recipes to support this movement and we're sharing one of them. Of course, it features the flavour that was part of your July box.
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/4 Doisy & Dam dark chocolate bar (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 medjool date
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender and mix all until smooth. Put your ice cream into a bowl.
Top your ice cream with fruits.