These perfectly seasoned Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas are perfect to have on hand when that between meal hunger strikes! They’re easy, flavorful and healthy! I mean seriously, they’re vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, & sugar-free!
Thanks to our friend from Joy Food Sunshine for sharing this wholesome snack with us.
|Yields: consumption dependent||Prep Time: 15 mins||Bake Time: 35-40 mins||Total Time: 50 - 55 mins|
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground corriander
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ to 1 TBS olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205' C)
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Set aside
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the chickpeas
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, onion powder and pepper. Set aside.
- Bake dried chickpeas in the preheated oven on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes (do not add any of the other ingredients yet)
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and drizzle ½ TBS olive oil over the chickpeas, stirring until evenly coated. If necessary, slowly add more olive oil until all the chickpeas are lightly coated with olive oil
- Add spices to chickpeas and stir until evenly coated
- Bake at 400 for 10 more minutes, then stir
- Return stirred chickpeas to the oven and bake them for an additional 5-10 minutes, until desired crispiness is achieved (a total of 35-40 minutes of baking)
- Turn off oven and crack the door a bit. Let chickpeas cool in the oven to achieve maximum crispiness