These 15 minute garlic lime cashew zoodles are a super easy and healthy vegan meal option. This is a snap to make, and the sauce is addictive! Note that this recipe calls for a spiralizer (you can purchase the cheap ones - we have it or the expensive ones) from the nearest department store.
The easiest way to cook this is by continuously tossing everything in the pan with tongs (or use two spoons) so the zucchini doesn’t overcook and everything gets heated through nice and evenly. You only cook the zoodles for about 4-5 minutes, so this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights!
Thank you Salt & Lavander for sharing this recipe with us.
|Yields: 2||Prep Time: 8 mins||Bake Time: 7 mins||Total Time: 15 mins|
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for Sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spiralize the carrots on the thinnest setting, and spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting. Set aside.
- Add the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic to a skillet on medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, cook it for about 2 minutes or until the garlic has just started to cook.
- Add the cashews, zucchini, and carrots. Using tongs or two large spoons, gently toss/lift up the pan contents every 10-20 seconds or so for about 4-5 minutes until everything is lightly cooked and heated through. The zucchini will release some liquid, which will help to make a nice sauce. When it's almost ready, add the cilantro in and toss. Serve immediately.