With the rainy season hitting the Metro, don't we all just like to stay at home and watch some Netflix? If the rain keeps you from exercising, you can still try to stay healthy with this popular recipe from Grounded and Surrounded.
This is an easy, healthy, & gluten free stove top meal that uses ground turkey along with tons of clean eating vegetables and pantry items like canned beans. The option to use homemade ranch and taco seasonings take this dinner to a whole new level. This quick, skinny, and low carb recipe is simple to prepare and will quickly become a family favorite!
|Yields: 2||Prep Time: 5 mins||Cook Time: n/a||Total Time: 5 mins|
Home Made Seasoning Ingredients
- 5 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Place all spices in a small jar. Tightly seal with a lid and shake shake shake. Store this seasoning for months in your pantry or cupboard!
Taco Soup Ingredients
- 1lb ground meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn or 15 oz can
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can of beans, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot, brown the meat. Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste. Add more seasoning such as chili or cayenne powder, salt, or pepper if needed. Feel free to kick it up a notch with your favorite hot sauce!
- Top with plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, or lime wedges!