For this recipe, we feature on of our own, Fresh As Freeze Dried Lychee.
- 500ml coconut cream (we use Kara brand)
- 80g coconut sugar
- 4g agar agar
- 1 1⁄2 gelatine leaves (softened in cold water)
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 tsp Fresh As Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder (if available) or 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 100g sago tapioca pearls
- 20g Fresh As Lychee Whole
- 20g Fresh As Pineapple Chunks
- 20g Fresh As Mandarin Segments
- 12g Fresh As Raspberry Whole
- 2-1 sugar syrup
- Put sugar and agar agar into the coconut cream then add the kaffir lime and vanilla.
- Bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Add the softened gelatine and stir thoroughly.
- Leave to sit for 10 minutes then strain through a fine sieve and pour the mousse mixture into a container to set in the fridge.
- Once set, place in a high speed blender to process into a smooth cream.
- Cook the tapioca in plenty of boiled water for 12 minutes, or as per the directions on the tapioca packet.
- Strain the tapioca and place into the 2-1 sugar syrup to cool and absorb the syrup.
Crumble the freeze dried mandarin, lychee and pineapple so that it is a coarse crumb. Pipe the mousse into a bowl, top with the tapioca, then sprinkle the crumbed fruit on top. Finish by crumbling 2 raspberries over each dish.