Why munch on boring carrot sticks when you can turn raw carrots into crispy, delicate chips instead? A vegetable peeler is the only tool you’ll need to make these sweet, paper-thin crisps that are perfect for healthy snacking or as a garnish for your next salad.
Here at Raw Bites, we're all about giving your healthier options. We're happy to share this delish recipe from our friends at Chowhound.
|Yields: depends||Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 17 mins||Total Time: 27 mins|
- Carrots (depends how many you want)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- Holding the stem end, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin strips using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler. Place the carrot strips in a medium bowl, add the oil, salt, and pepper to taste and toss with your hands until thoroughly coated.
- Place the strips in a single layer on 2 baking sheets—the strips can be touching but should not overlap. (Discard or save any remaining carrot slices for another use.)
- Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the pans between the racks. Bake until the edges of the chips are just starting to turn golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes more. Place the baking sheets on wire racks and let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes. Using your hands, carefully transfer the chips to a serving dish and serve with ranch dressing, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.