Today's recipe is from Two Pease & Their Pod
Mini frittatas made in muffin tins, with eggs, turkey sausage, spinach, and cheddar cheese. You can reheat these egg muffins in the microwave. A great breakfast on the go!
|Yields: 6||Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 20 mins||Total Time: 30 mins|
- 3 lean breakfast turkey sausage links
- 5 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet, brown the turkey sausage links on medium-high heat. Cook until sausage is brown all the way through. Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggs. Whisk in skim milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the chopped spinach.
- Grease 6 muffin tin cups with cooking spray or line cups with paper liners. Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Distribute cheese and sausage equally between each muffin cup.
- Bake egg muffins for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm in the center. Remove from oven and gently go round each egg with a butter knife. Serve warm.
Note: You can store the egg muffins in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat them in the microwave.