Healthy Cookie Dough Milkshake
Today's recipe is from Sprouted Routes
There are two types of people in this world: those who prefer the cookie, and those who prefer the dough. And now, in the spirit of summer, let's translated this addiction into a milkshake.
A completely vegan, paleo, refined sugar free, healthy cookie dough milkshake. You could call this a smoothie and drink it for breakfast, if you wanted – it’s that good for you. But the flavor – the flavor is all decadence. It’s rich, buttery, filled with vanilla smoothness and bursting with bites of chocolate. Beyond freezing a bit of nondairy milk in ice cube trays the night before, the whole thing also comes together in about two minutes flat.
|Yields: 2 milkshakes||Prep Time: 2 mins||Cook Time: n/a||Total Time: 2 mins|
- 1.5 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (can sub 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Pour 3/4 cup milk into ice cube tray; freeze 6 hours, or until completely solid.
- Blend remaining 3/4 cup liquid milk with almond butter, vanilla, sea salt and maple syrup until very smooth.
- Add milk ice cubes and blend until just smooth and no ice cube chunks remain (don't over blend, or the ice will begin to melt, and you'll lose that delicious milkshake consistency).
- Pulse in cacao nibs until they're evenly distributed and flecked throughout milkshake, but not completely incorporated.