Today's recipe is from Teapigs.
Matcha is a staple for teapigs. They sip it hot, ice it down in the summer and have found many fun uses for their favourite green powder – *cough, matcha face mask*
|Yields: 12||Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 20 mins||Total Time: 30 mins|
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2.5 tbsp teapigs matcha (available in your May box)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Combine all wet ingredients – butter, eggs, buttermilk— and whisk away.
- Stir dry ingredients—sugar, flour, baking powder and matcha— into the wet. For the matcha, feel free to mix into a little bit of hot water to dissolve any clumps, then add to the rest of the mix.
- Heat up pan over medium heat and melt in a dab of butter to avoid sticking.
- Griddle up matcha pancakes, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with a slice of butter… solidifying your title as the king or queen of brunch.