Recipe: Mixed Berry Bread (Vegan)
We partnered with Earth Desserts (the maker of amazing vegan brownie brittle) to worth with our Rude Health drinks and come up with amazing vegan desserts. She came up with three (3) recipes and here's the first one.
MIXED VERRY BREAD (VEGAN)
Yield: 1 loaf
1/2 cup Rude Health Ultimate Almond Milk + 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 + 1/8c coconut sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries (more for topping)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (set aside whole pieces for topping)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Prepare the "buttermilk" by adding the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk. Stir and let stand for 5-10mins.
- Mix together the sugar, coconut oil and applesauce. Add in the buttermilk once ready.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add wet mixture to dry.
- Fold in the walnuts and frozen berries.
- Transfer to a lined and well-greased loaf pan.
- Add more frozen berries and whole walnuts as toppings.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. When a toothpick is inserted it should come out clean.
- Let cool in the pan before removing.
Hope this inspires you to make healthy recipes at home. And if you happen to follow this recipe, feel free to snap a photo and share it with us via email or by tagging us @rawbitesbox! Happy cooking / baking!