Red Lentil, Coconut & Peanut Soup
Today's recipe is from Pic's Peanut Butter (V) (VG) (GF)
One batch to see you through the week. 5 days of hearty nutritious healthy lunches!
|Yields: 4||Prep Time: 15 mins||Cook Time: 55 mins||Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins|
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 peppers, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced red chilli
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 cups diced kumara
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 cup red lentil
- ½ cup Pic’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Add oil to a large pot, followed by the diced onion and cook until softened
- Add the peppers, carrots and garlic to the pan and continue to cook for another 10 mins
- Stir in the chillies and spices and cook off to a minute.
- Add the kumara, tinned toms and stock and bring pan to the boil. Bring down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the vegetables and nice and soft
- Stir in the lentil and PB and cook for a final 10 minutes
- Remove a scoop of soup from the pan and blitz the remainder until smooth.
- Stir back in the separated soup, for a little texture (optional) and add the coconut milk.
- Mix well and bring back up to the heat. Season to taste