Today's recipe is from Simply Quinoa.
For many of us, breakfast is the hardest meal of the day. I mean in reality it's probably one of the easiest meals to physically make, but being creative, different, interesting and flavorful isn't something that usually happens. At least for the majority.
Mornings are stressful and breakfast needs to be fast. You're trying to get your day started as quickly as possible, while still getting something healthy and nutritious to eat, and it yet seems totally unrealistic to get up half an hour early just to make sure you have enough time for a fabulous breakfast.
Quinoa is the ultimate breakfast food. It's packed with protein, it's a complex carbohydrate meaning it digests slowly in your system to help keep you feeling fuller for longer, but it also has many hard-to-find nutrients. And what makes quinoa so perfect for breakfast is that you can jazz it up for whatever you're in the mood for.
|Yields: 1||Prep Time: 5 mins||Cook Time: n/a||Total Time: 5 mins|
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 packet stevia (or 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener of choice), optional
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety)
- Toppings: blueberries, goji berries & almonds
- Add top 4 ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy (will be the consistency of milk). Set aside.
- Place quinoa in a bowl, pour milk over and sprinkle on toppings.
- Enjoy immediately with a warm cup of tea or coffee!