Recipe: Very Berry Oatmeal feat. Rude Health Oat Drink
Here’s a breakfast bowl that makes you feel berry good!
Make your mornings better with the Very Berry Oatmeal made with the Rude Health Oat Milk, Raw Bites Toppings, and a dash of creativity! 🍓
There are so many benefits of eating oatmeal if but if there's 1 that stands out and that you have to remember, it's that Oats contain large amounts of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber.
Beta-glucan partially dissolves in water and forms a thick, gel-like solution in the gut.
The health benefits of beta-glucan fiber include:
- Reduced LDL and total cholesterol levels
- Reduced blood sugar and insulin response
- Increased feeling of fullness
- Increased growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract
You don't have to stick with this recipe since you can go crazy with the toppings or what to mix with your oatmeal. You can even make a savoury one. Our current fave is a Pumpkin Oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon powder at the end.
- In a pan, mix the rolled oats together with the Rude Health Oat Drink
- Cook for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Once the rolled oats have been cooked, mix in the frozen berries
- Next, stir in the honey or syrup of choice
- Add some salt to enhance the flavor. Mix until everything is well incorporated
- Transfer oatmeal into a bowl. It’s time to add toppings! Feel free to add whatever you have on hand. We recommend adding some pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, goji berries, flax seeds, all available at the Raw Bites e-Grocery!
- Upon serving, you may also add a splash of the Rude Health Oat Drink to make things even more creamy. Enjoy!