This buko pie is sweet, creamy, and deliciously filling! 🥧
Do you love buko pie as much as we do? 🥥 Follow this recipe and enjoy this Pinoy merienda made with Rude Health Coconut Drink, young coconut meat, and other ingredients you can find at home! 🥛
- 1 Cup Rude Health Coconut Drink
- 300g Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 80g Corn Starch
- 200g Young Coconut Meat
- 50g Full Fat Coconut Milk
In a large bowl, mix flour and salt together
- Stir in 100ml rude health coconut drink, coconut oil, and lemon juice
- Mix until dough forms. Chill dough for 15 minutes
- After chilling, divide dough into two equal parts. Roll dough out to fit pie pan. Once rolled out, place on top of pie pan. Roll out the 2nd part and set aside. Preheat oven to 180°
- For the filling: In a pot, mix the corn starch, remaining coconut drink, coconut milk, and coconut meat together. Warm for 5 minutes.
- Pour filling onto pie crust. Unroll the second crust dough over filling and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.